Blue/Splash Orpington Eggs (Large Breed) - English/American Type - $40

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm listing one dozen Blue/Splash Orpington eggs for $40 plus $12.00 shipping. Most of the beautiful birds are super huge and came from Bama Chicken who said they could be 100% English or 50% English. The rest of the birds are "American" type and are from Miss Prissy and Tuffoldhen's flock. Most of them have just come off a broody streak and are laying again like crazy.

I can take more than one order so please PM me instead of hitting the Buy it Now button which closes the auction. If you have any questions whatsover, please PM me. The first order can go out Monday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have also been hatching them - fertility has always been 100% - because my roos outnumbered my hens - here's some chicks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    I am sitting on my hands not to buy some! Ugh! They are so gorgeous!

3. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    Holy Cow.. You got them chickens toilet trained? lol I know they are smart but wow..

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    [​IMG]

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Isn't that funny? This is an old plantation home and when we bought it a couple of years ago there was a toilet in the hen house and an old claw foot tub in the barn and an old sink in the backyard. I am now making a vintage outdoor bathroom in my garden with all of them. That toilet, while in the coop, was the subject of much conversation. I even filled it with hay and let them use it as a nest box. In that picture, it was being hauled out to be cleaned and put in my garden.

6. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    I thought it was pretty funny...[​IMG] Nice chickens by the way [​IMG]

7. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    How funny about the toilet! I bet that stuff would look really cool cleaned up and put in the garden! I thought I had a brilliant idea when I suggested to my husband that we should find some old claw foot tubs to salvage and use as duck ponds and he looked at me like I was completely nuts and said- "Yeah, cause nothing screams 'class' like bath tubs in the yard". LOL!!! A toilet in the garden would be a one way ticket to the state hospital, LOL. I think it could be really cute though planted with something.

The birds are gorgeous too. I would love to add some of those to my flock eventually. [​IMG]

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:Here's the start of my outdoor garden bath. I haven't finished it yet. There will be climbing flowers on the trellis with hanging candle holders.

[​IMG]

I'm probably going to plant something in everything (tub/sink/toilet/wash stand) but who knows, I may leave the tub empty so I can take an outdoor soak when I want. I got the idea from Mary Janes Farm. Her B&B is tents with outdoor tubs.

9. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    See, that will look really cute. I think my husband has no "vision" for how things will really look. I wanted to do something very similar. Thanks for sharing the picture. [​IMG]

10. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Just had to give a giant [​IMG] ! Just got my order of orp eggs today & finished unpacking them. They are large, beautifully shelled & well packed - all dozen + extras came intact. I can't wait to see how they hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by