Blue Swedish, Cayuga and Rouen

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MWHITLEY, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Cayuga

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Blue Swedish

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Rouen

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. MWHITLEY

MWHITLEY Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    Hey all! I've been lurking for a while now, and decided to get in on the action! We are anxiously awaiting our arrival of our first hatching eggs! We've ordered 5 each of Blue Swedish, Cayuga, and Rouen. Anyone want to weigh in on their favorite of the three, along with any breed quirks or traits we should be aware of. :) We can't wait, put our order in to Metzer Farms the end of last week hoping they'd make it Saturday. Unfortunately they didn't and now its a holiday. Poor babes out in the world all alone!!![​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Darn holiday weekend! I hope they arrive safely. I had a couple of Blue Swedish ducks who were really cute

3. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Congrats on the new babies, I hope they arrive alright. As for fave breed I dont have experience with these breeds but I do have a rouen/jumbo pekin mix and he's pretty cool. I do like the looks of the Cayuga.

4. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    I have all three breeds and I love my Swedish because they seem to be the most friendly, the cayugas because they are the quietest females I have and the Rouens because they just come barreling in to join the fun! All 3 are great duck breeds but all different!

5. MWHITLEY

MWHITLEY Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    They're here! Just letting them regain their composure before they begin incubating. :)[​IMG]

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

7. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    good luck incubating! I got mine from the same place and 16 of 20 hatched and lived! The other 4 died in the last week of hatching - only 1 bad air cell in the end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by