Blue Swedish & Cayuga Duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JazminesZoo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    I am looking at buying some hatching eggs or babies soon, anyone have experience with either? Any helpfultips?
    Thanks!

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I had a cayuga drake! He was a very good drake, but my dog got him. If I still had him, I would have gotten him a hen or two. But no longer have him [​IMG] I have welsh harlequins now. But cayugas are awesome, you wont go wrong with them(atleased I dont think so)

3. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    You can't go wrong with Cayugas. They are beautiful! They are pretty calm, too. I really, really like mine. See how pretty they are??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Most of my ducks are Muscovy, however I do have some Cayuga simply because they are just AWESOME! Not only are the stunning to look at, they are a large breed, I like that, and they are very sweet. They lay well, and if you want to eat them, they dress out very nice with that classic duck flavor that the Muscovy doesn't have. I personally keep the Cayuga as pets and egg layers and don't eat them, however.... they are duel purpose. They are also not very noisy. I do have some buffs for egg production and they are the noisy ones in the bunch. The Cayuga are as quiet as the Muscovy and just the prettiest things. Most people don't realize that they turn white with age. I also think this transition is very beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by