blue swedish pictures PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Evelle, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    HI
    for the life of me i cant tell the differance between my ducks
    i know i have at least one female for i get 1 sometime 2 eggs a day (dont know if i miss it some how so i end up with 2?? )
    anyways i would love to see some Blue Swedish on here!!
    PLEASE HELP THIS LOST DUCKOWNER FIND HER DRAKE AND POST YOURS HERE

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Post pics.of their tail feathers. ill help you [​IMG]

3. Evelle

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    Quote:none of them have curled up tails.. they are 6 months old. i dont know if they get them when they get older after they molt or what.. but i just dont get it they all look the same.. HAHAHA!
    but i have seen two mount but when i got there i could tell which on did it
    plus i was told that the males are quite well all mine are quite [​IMG] and i know ive got girls i get eggs..... ?????
    lol

4. Evelle

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    i will get those pictures just so i can show ya [​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Hhhhmmmmm..... Well if you get two eggs a day on some days then you atleased have two girls.

6. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Here: I have one male and 3 female Blue Swedes.
    Here's a good shot of my males tail feathers.
    [​IMG]
    Girls:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    In a bizarre co-incidence, I've just been putting up pics of mine - LOL https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578908

I love the colour and lacing on your drake, Animalpro - beautiful. Your duck that is standing outside the pool (with the all-blue bill) looks really, really nice. I wouldn't mind having her myself!!!!

8. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    70%cocoa :

In a bizarre co-incidence, I've just been putting up pics of mine - LOL https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578908

I love the colour and lacing on your drake, Animalpro - beautiful. Your duck that is standing outside the pool (with the all-blue bill) looks really, really nice. I wouldn't mind having her myself!!!!

Thank you!! The blue bill girl is Sophie. That's a bad picture of her though.(well a bad picture of both of the girls really) I'll get a better picture of her.​

9. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Some drakes only have the drake curl while they are in nuptial plumage, so it isn't the best indicator.

This is a drake. I held onto him for awhile because of his color and lacing. I hope the lacing shows up in the photo. I've decided to move him out because of the bars across his bib. It has been a difficult decision because his color is really amazing.

[​IMG]

10. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, he sure is a terrific shade of blue. Very even and deep and not at all washed out, and hardly any black to speak of. Top lacing!!! You don't see lacing that good very often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by