1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Tomato seed for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by James Campbell, Jan 13, 2011.

1. James Campbell

James Campbell Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2010
    Oak Hill
    closedThanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    Those look great! What is the flavor like? [​IMG]

3. chickenchap

chickenchap Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    cool please email me info

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    awesome...

5. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Those are really cool looking.

6. MiMis_Place

MiMis_Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Yes what is the flavor like? How many (approx.) seeds are in a packet? Approx. how long is the growing season from seed to ripe fruit for the table? I live in OKla. so when would be the best time to plant? Should a person grow them in a planter or would they do better in the ground?

I think I might want to try these! I'm sure the grandkids would get a kick out of them. [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:2x

8. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    You might want to include what variety they are.

If those are OSU Blue, for example, people should be privy to the knowledge that the seeds, while open pollinated, are not stable and will likely not be stable anytime soon. So what grows as a cherry tomato in your garden may grow as a slicer in theirs. As a matter of fact they may grow as both cherries and slicers in both your garden and theirs. And if you haven't seen any slicers in no way guarantees they won't ... or that you won't from your saved seed in the future.

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I received my seeds, thank you!

10. James Campbell

James Campbell Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2010
    Oak Hill
    sorry I guess I have 2 listings on here that are active and I have been answering folks on the other one. these are called Blueberry and they have been stable now for 4 years . The tast is mild but it would be great brredin stock for amature breeders.Please dont leave posts here as I have this listed on many different forums and it is best to reach me via email Thanks James

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by