Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Roo

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BillMinor68, Oct 2, 2011.

1. BillMinor68

BillMinor68 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Austin
    Baloo needs a new home. He's six months old, (came from cpartist - http://luannesgarden.blogspot.com/), hatched at home, raised on organic feed (Coyote Creek) and foraged his way across our yard and most of the neighbors.

He is truly beautiful and he knows it. He lets us know promptly at 6:15 a.m. Again at 8:15 a.m. And through the day until about 6:00 p.m.

And therein lies the problem. My neighbors' bedroom is about 30 feet from the coop (yes, I'm out of compliance with city code), as is mine. We are all fine with the hens, not fine with the 6:15 a.m. wakeup call, especially on the weekend. It's enough already. He will make some hen a good mate and some chick(s) a great dad. I'd rather he go to a good home where he can fully express his rooster-hood; if not, I'll keep him and as much as I don't want to do it, he'll be dinner by week's end.

No shipping, pickup only. Call me at 657-6697 if you have questions or need more info.

Bill

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    He's a very beautiful fella. Try to find him a good home instead of eating him. If i was closer I'd surely take him off your hands and he'll sure have a happy home if he were to be mine

3. BillMinor68

BillMinor68 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Austin
    He is beautiful and protects his hens well (without getting agro with my kiddos). He's the first roo I would feel bad about inviting to an enchilada dinner.

4. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I feel bad for your rooster though if I was any closer I'd surely come get him [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. lanietx

lanietx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    sulphur springs, tx
    where are you located?

6. lanietx

Jan 27, 2010
    sulphur springs, tx
    i just saw austin... i am somewhat near dallas. i have 5 blue wheaten hens in need of a rooster! sure wish we were closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. lanietx

Jan 27, 2010
    sulphur springs, tx
    he is awesome! don't eat him!

8. aggies2011

aggies2011 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    Alto
    Quote:Do u still have him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by