Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Rooster, 18 Wks Old/ Fannin Co., GA (SOLD)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 20, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Levi is 18 weeks, mating the girls, crowing, etc. He's very alert and in tune with his surroundings. After much thought, I have decided that he's really out of place-no hens in the wheaten/blue wheaten family for him here, plus I'm slowly downsizing and do not need a 5th rooster.

Levi came from halo and I think most of her stock came from pips&peeps. Levi has good body size. He is not a cuddly boy and on occasion doesn't like our shoes, but has never flogged and occasionally likes to be picked up or will allow us to rub his chest. This boy is some real eye candy! He is a darker blue wheaten than I see sometimes.

Cash/pickup only. I'm in Fannin County, GA, near the NC line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Cyn, if you decide that you would be willing to ship him at some point, I would LOVE to have him!!!

3. speckledhen

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but honestly, I can't see myself handing over anything alive to the P.O., LOL. Wish you were closer!

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:You and me both!

I know, I've read the horror stories on here about shipping, but so far, so good! I've been really luck, knock on wood! The biggest problem I had was when I got the bantam blue salmon pair from Henry, it took 2 days instead of 1, but getting from Maryland to Oregon, I'd say that's not too bad! [​IMG] My mail lady even has hand delivered me hatching eggs in her own car on her way home from work, because she saw that they had been mis-sorted, and she didn't want them sitting an extra day! [​IMG]

Ok, can we get a BYC chicken delivery hand off system coast to coast? LOL

5. speckledhen

Ok, can we get a BYC chicken delivery hand off system coast to coast? LOL

Now, that would be cool, huh?​

6. mmfarm

mmfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    Southeastern NC
    They actually started an "egg train" along those lines, but haven't heard any more out of it. They need to add a section for transports, similiar to the way rescue groups do.

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Now, that would be cool, huh?

I am delivering some favs from Ohio to Mass it could work and its a good idea.

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Yeah, but how on earth to organize something like that??

9. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I'm thinking he sure would look pretty with my pullets-Halo Jean and Garner.He's a pretty boy and I'm not a blue wheaten fan but I do like him [​IMG] 4 hour road trip but if I can convince my hubby to hook up the camper it could be a fun weekend

10. speckledhen

Holly, it isn't such a bad trip from Lebanon. We used to own land and were building a cabin in Fentress County years ago. Was five hours from metro Atlanta.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by