Blue Wheaten Marans Question

Dolly Mountain Farm

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2021
I have a good group of blue wheaten marans coming up and there is one pullet I have a question about. I really like the contrast between her head/neck and her chest. And she’s got a nice warm wheaten color on her back. However, she has black edging on her hackle feathers (photos included). So I have two questions:
1- what do the wheaten / blue wheaten marans experts think about the black tips on a blue wheaten
2- what is the right terminology to describe the black tips.. edging, ticking, dappling, stippling?
Thank you 🙏🏼
4CFCB321-A3DE-46BA-ACE8-9D9434C3ABAA.jpeg

24368FBE-9FBC-4689-AF69-1220EADA1FD9.jpeg
8C31C48A-30DD-44F7-8B38-09A9A4A4D113.jpeg

I have a good group of blue wheaten marans coming up and there is one pullet I have a question about. I really like the contrast between her head/neck and her chest. And she’s got a nice warm wheaten color on her back. However, she has black edging on her hackle feathers (photos included). So I have two questions:
1- what do the wheaten / blue wheaten marans experts think about the black tips on a blue wheaten
2- what is the right terminology to describe the black tips.. edging, ticking, dappling, stippling?
Thank you 🙏🏼
View attachment 2611681
View attachment 2611691View attachment 2611693

she is stunning .great body type and correct body color ,
the black tip on the bottom of the hackle feathers are called flames , wheaten marans variety should have minimum ,preferred nothing .

if you have questions about marans you can post the international Black copper marans thread .
chooks man

she is stunning .great body type and correct body color ,
the black tip on the bottom of the hackle feathers are called flames , wheaten marans variety should have minimum ,preferred nothing .

if you have questions about marans you can post the international Black copper marans thread .
chooks man
Thank you so much for this response! Really appreciate you taking the time to give me this information. “Flames” 🔥 that’s great!

Back
Top Bottom