w.v.
prettyboy4.jpg
prettyboy6.jpg
prettyboy5.jpg
prettyboy3.jpg
bluehen.jpg
bluehen3.jpg
bluehen2.jpg
OUR QUESTION IS THIS, THE BLUE SILVER HEN, AND HER BROTHER THE ROO THAT'S PICTURED HERE, ARE THEY CONSIDERED BLUE WHEATENS OR SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY?

The blue hen is actually blue, it appears. A blue wheaten hen is basically white-I know, sounds weird. Here is a Blue Wheaten hen.
lfbluewheatenf.jpg

The others seem to be Easter Eggers and some of them not pure for pea comb. I dont think your rooster is blue wheaten, though he is a similar color, but I need to bow to someone who actually has this color.

Here is a Blue Wheaten rooster:
lfbluewheatenm.JPG

The photos are from the Ameraucana Breeders Club site. Hey, Jean, is that hen yours?

Last edited:
speckledhen please note that both roo and hen are 7-8 months old,were hatched from our bator,and both were solid grey.both were out of green eggs,from a gold buff colored hen with black tail tip. daddy roo was 3/4 amercauna,1/4 black sex link, according to former owner.pic of his face is our avatar. others in flock are same basic age,black australorps,and americaunas, per claim of local feed store. we hope that our roo,(pretty boy) continues the spread of his red as he matures,it came in slowly.

I agree with the others, the chickens in the pictures are easter eggers. The blue hen is a dead giveaway as an ee too, as she has wattles.

Sometimes as breeders, very tiny wattles will show up on cockerels, but I have never seen them on a hen.

They are not blue wheatens.

Hey, Jean, is that hen yours?

Cynthia, no that is not my hen. I think it is one of Barbara Campbell's. And I think the roo pictured was one the Lisa Cree had before she dispersed her blue wheaten flock.​

Back
Top Bottom