Blue Wheaten/Wheaten Ameraucana 10+ Large Fowl

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kiowacole, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Kiowacole

Kiowacole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Up for auction is 10 plus extras of my beautiful Blue Wheaten & Wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs. I have tested fertility & here it's 100% & hatch rate has been 100% but I cannot guarantee hatch rate after the eggs leave my farm due to shipping & method of incubation. I have more pics on my BYC web page. If you would like more pictures, just email me & I can get them for you. In my breeding pens I have 1 Blue Wheaten cockerel & 1 Wheaten rooster, 5 Blue Wheaten pullets, 2 Wheaten pullets & 1 Buff Ameraucana hen. The males look a little rough right now & due to their squabbles, they have pulled the feathers out of their muffs but normally they have big, full beautiful muffs as well as the females. If you have any question, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in my birds!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    Are these LF or bantam?

3. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm sorry I didn't put that in there - these are large fowl.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Those males don't look like Ameraucana they look like EE's to me for some reason. The type and colour just doesn't look right.

5. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    They are not EE's. THey are from Randy Garner lines.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The 2nd male is indeed an Easter Egger. If he is in the pen, there is a good chance the chicks will be EEs.

Maybe it's a poor example of a Brown Red... but certainly is NOT Wheaten nor Blue Wheaten

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I agree the second rooster is in no way a pure wheaten color. The first one is a really poor example of a blue wheaten the hens look alright but they type is off on all in my opinion.

8. Kiowacole

Feb 25, 2010
    South Carolina
    Did I state SQ? NO. If you don't like my birds don't bid & move on but please stop bashing them.

9. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    good for you Kiowacole ! way to stick up for yourself. I think they are pretty

Methinks a couple roosters got up on the wrong side of the coop this mornin'

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by