Blue Willow China fanciers/tea parties

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Apr 28, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I wanted to buy a good 4-5 cup tea pot with the cups and saucers. And dessert plates to go with it. Anything else I need to add to the tea party assemble?

Is it proper to have all in matching? I would like to have a hoge-poge of all different makers of Blue Willow designs such as Churchill, Dutchess, Japan-made, etc.

I used to remember my mother have a whole china set of them and she got rid of them! [​IMG] They were beautiful and she had them since she got married I think. Not sure of the maker tho but will ask if she does remember them.

I am planning on using the tea set for our Civil War reenactment for our private ladies tea party in our unit.

Can you gossip in tea parties?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh I love tea sets that are of all different patterns!!!! There is no need for it to match at all!! Our local tea house, you go in a pic your own cup and saucer and I would love to do that at home with guests!!!

Gossip is what keeps tea parties a twittering..... [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I dont like to pay so much for them in case they do break. They will be traveling, that's for sure! I dont know who would supply "reproductions" of those companies.

We have been looking everywhere for the sets we will need and I am not paying five dollars for the cup saucer with NO label of maker on it unless it is a reproduction.

My library do not have a book on Blue Willow collection.

4. debilorrah

Quote:If I were you I would start frequenting thrift stores.....

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You can find some amazing things in Goodwill and Salvation Army stores.

6. debilorrah

Yep yep - what she said!!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes we did check those! It was pretty neat to find three tine forks with wooden handles for 30 cents! found two of those![​IMG]

However finding china in those places are rare. Might have to go to bigger cities for that LOL!

We are also adding not only the tea set, but the enamelware pie plates (to eat off from), knives, old undecorated flat spoons, and nice table cloths...so many to choose from but I like the flour sack feel.

Not sure if they ever had crocheted wash dish towels back in those days. I am sure they probably did have those flour sack towels then for drying dishes or whatever they need.

What about your areas? Did you find what you were looking for?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by