Blue Wyandottes from Welp pics

bluehenlover

Songster
12 Years
Jan 5, 2008
These guys were hatched March 10. There were a couple of folks who wanted to see Welps Blue Wyandottes. ( although these were drop shipped)
S6300060.jpg

S6300059.jpg

S6300058.jpg

S6300062.jpg

S6300061.jpg

S6300057.jpg

Last edited:
In the second batch of blue wyandottes I got from Welp, there were 4 BEAUTIFUL splash pullets. I will get pics when they feather out some more.

Last edited:
Oh they are beautiful. I so love the blue color but I had never seen a blue wyandotte...thanks for sharing those pics.

Quote:
Wyandottes are a duel purpose breed- eggs/ meat. They arent cornish, though. They are brown egg layers.

Those are beautiful!! Makes me want to drive right up to Welp's and get a few!! Altho it would be a 300 mile trip! The more I see these lovely "blue" hens, the more I'd love to have a few of them. Everyone has such gorgeous blues!!

Thanks for posting pictures Bluehenlover.....I was one of those who had requested pictures. I found someone who had eggs and have hatched 2 small groups out. The oldest 2 chicks are about the same age as these.......they look alike as far as I can see. I hatched one splash and 9 blues. We'll have to compare pictures as they grow. Good luck with yours.

Thanks! I have some coming in Mid May.

Haven't had blues before just the gold laced and really liked her. Sill have a few of her offspring around including my main rooster. The rose comb makes more sense for me because of my miserable winters. They are also good foragers and great winter layers.

My gold laced hen was also a great mouser. She put some of my cats to shame with her stalking.

Back
Top Bottom