Blue Wyandottes from Welp pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bluehenlover, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    These guys were hatched March 10. There were a couple of folks who wanted to see Welps Blue Wyandottes. ( although these were drop shipped)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    In the second batch of blue wyandottes I got from Welp, there were 4 BEAUTIFUL splash pullets. I will get pics when they feather out some more.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh they are beautiful. I so love the blue color but I had never seen a blue wyandotte...thanks for sharing those pics.

4. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    are these meat chickens? just wondering because their legs and bodies are so much bigger than their heads. Reminds me of cornish

5. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    Your welcome. [​IMG] I love my Blues, too. I even have Blue EE's and BLR Wyandottes.

6. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    Quote:Wyandottes are a duel purpose breed- eggs/ meat. They arent cornish, though. They are brown egg layers.

7. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Those are beautiful!! Makes me want to drive right up to Welp's and get a few!! Altho it would be a 300 mile trip! The more I see these lovely "blue" hens, the more I'd love to have a few of them. Everyone has such gorgeous blues!!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks for posting pictures Bluehenlover.....I was one of those who had requested pictures. I found someone who had eggs and have hatched 2 small groups out. The oldest 2 chicks are about the same age as these.......they look alike as far as I can see. I hatched one splash and 9 blues. We'll have to compare pictures as they grow. Good luck with yours.

9. SueNH

SueNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks! I have some coming in Mid May.

Haven't had blues before just the gold laced and really liked her. Sill have a few of her offspring around including my main rooster. The rose comb makes more sense for me because of my miserable winters. They are also good foragers and great winter layers.

My gold laced hen was also a great mouser. She put some of my cats to shame with her stalking.

10. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Beautiful birds.One day maybe. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by