Blueberry @ 6 weeks - looking like pullet or cockerel?

Eri_Oak

Songster
Aug 5, 2020
NorCal
This little cutie is a mixed breed - Blueberry is either a sage egger or a cocoa egger and is just under 6 weeks.

Thoughts on whether Bluebs is gonna crow or lay??

IMG_7723.jpeg

IMG_7782.jpeg
IMG_7740.jpeg

IMG_7765.jpeg
IMG_7763.jpeg

What is a sage egger?

Not certain of the genetics, but it's basically an EE that lays a speckled light green egg.

I have two birds I'm not sure who is who. One is supposed to be a female sage egger, and the other is supposed to be a straight run cocoa egger.

I thought Blueberry was the sage egger, but of the two, Blue has thicker legs, a slightly more pronounced comb, and has a different personality than all of the other chicks. This makes me lean toward cockerel but I don't know anything so it's all just a guess! HA.

Not certain of the genetics, but it's basically an EE that lays a speckled light green egg.

I have two birds I'm not sure who is who. One is supposed to be a female sage egger, and the other is supposed to be a straight run cocoa egger.

I thought Blueberry was the sage egger, but of the two, Blue has thicker legs, a slightly more pronounced comb, and has a different personality than all of the other chicks. This makes me lean toward cockerel but I don't know anything so it's all just a guess! HA.
Thats really cool- I've never heard of a sage egger! Where did you get him?

This little cutie is a mixed breed - Blueberry is either a sage egger or a cocoa egger and is just under 6 weeks.

Thoughts on whether Bluebs is gonna crow or lay??

View attachment 2377084
View attachment 2377086View attachment 2377087
View attachment 2377088View attachment 2377089
Looks like a girl to me.
Got the fluffy bum, tiny pale red comb, rounded tail and hackle feathers, and is rounded out. It will be more easier to tell when they are 8 weeks old if you are not completely sure. :D

Back
Top Bottom