1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bluebonnet Classic- College Station TX-2011

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Pigeon442001, Dec 7, 2010.

1. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Got mine.
    Showing Calls(Butterscotch and White), Black Sumatra, and maybe my Jaerhons in the Backyard show.
    Can't wait!

2. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Quote:For those showing waterfowl we will have Steve Jones judging them. We are going to try and get him to talk about the as he judges.

3. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    That would be great! I'd love him to critique mine!

4. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    That sounds great, need all the help we can get ,

5. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    It look like we may have a good bunch of Call this year,[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  6. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    I'll be doing my part! Bringing 17 with me-Whites, Grays, Self-Blacks, Butterscotch and Pencils!
    Sorry, Pigeon, I know you already knew about this, but I'm just so thrilled I had to share it on this thread, too!

7. rockyspringsfarm

rockyspringsfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2009
    Huntington, Texas
    I will be entering my first ducks (first show period)....Welsh Harlequins......but am also bringing Black Copper Marans, Wheaten Marans, Cuckoo Marans, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes in the chickens. Is there a separate entry form for the ducks (other than the general entry form) ? If so, I need to get one. I have the general one for the chickens. It would not do for me to fall in love with the Calls.....there are just way too many beautiful colors to choose from.

Easttxchick....are you from Kounce ? If so, we spoke in the lobby of the motel on the day of the show in OK. I am the lady from Huntington. I didn't find you at the show but I had a wonderful time looking at everything. I picked up the Cuckoo Marans that Mr. Dick Dickerson brought down for us and really enjoyed my visit with him. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to participating in January rather than just being a spectator...I have met several folks that will be there already but am looking forward to meeting others and seeing everyone's birds.

Peggy

8. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    HI PEGGY!
    I never even saw you again at the show-so sorry we couldn't get together. [​IMG] Had a fantastic time as well!
    No, you can use the same entry for ducks and chickens for the BBC-I put all of mine on one entry form.
    Congrats on your new Marans!

9. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    I just wanted to let everyone know that there was a small mistake on the date of the show on the catalog.
    The Front of the catalog says January the 8th but inside it says the 9th.
    It is the 8th, Saturday. we have a lot of people calling to ask which one it is.

We proof read the catalog a dozen times but missed that one.

Thanks Bob

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by