1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bluebonnet Classic Poultry Show_ Texas

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blackred, Nov 16, 2011.

1. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    The 20th annual Bluebonnet Classic Poultry show in College Station Texas will be January 7th 2012. Our judges will be Steven Beatty( NM) Jim Crain( LA) Steve Jones( TX) and Robert Chapman(TX). James Cooper will be our Junior Show judge. We will also have a Pigeon show and a backyard show.
    As usual we will have our world class raffle and silent auction.

For more infomation please contact - Claudia Choate - [email protected] or you can visit our website at http://www.bluebonnetclassic.com/

Read more: http://showbirdbid.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=2901#ixzz1duK85uu2

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    There will also be a Winter Bluebonnet Egg Show (an open breed show for eggs of all kinds) and a Sale area, where you can buy some beautiful poultry.

Even if you don't show, it is a great place to see different breeds of poultry and talk to the experts !

3. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    Wow wish it wasnt so far away:( Sounds like fun though

4. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    One thing I did not mention is that we have an egg show also. This is not a Maran type egg show although you can certainly enter them. This is an egg show that allows for all types of eggs to be shown with 9 different classes including bantam eggs. Susan Lemke is the head of this show and is doing a great job. The first Bluebonnet Egg Show in Austin was a great success. You can check out more details on our website.
    Thanks- Bob

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:You need the permit from the State for this, correct?
    We'll be there again! This show was a lot of fun and the people were so friendly!

6. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    To sell birds anywhere off premise in Texas you have to have a TAHC permit ( usually $25- $100)
    We only allow the exhibitors to sell birds at the show.

To show birds you only need a P/T report- free
    For the egg show I am not sure but I am sure that the rules are on the website

Admission to the show is free and the best time to just visit is between 9am and 1pm

7. D3invertebrates

D3invertebrates Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Brookshire, TX
    Sounds cool! I plan on stopping by if my schedule allows.

8. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    I just wanted to let everyone know that back by Popular demand is the Gamecock show.
    I always enjoy this part of the show because of the Magnificent birds.

Bob

9. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    What is a Gamecock show? I'm excited to see all the birds!

10. chickenpickens

chickenpickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Fort Stockton, TX
    Just a week away!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by