BLUEBONNET CLASSIC- Texas-2013

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blackred, Dec 19, 2012.

1. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    The 21st Bluebonnet Classic will be January the 5th in College Station Texas. You can find a lot of infomation on our Website: http://www.bluebonnetclassic.com/

We have a Backyard show, Open show, Junior Show, Gamecock Show, and Pigeon Show. Our Raffle and Silent Auction will be second to none.
    If you are just visiting the best time is from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
    Thanks- Bob Choate

2. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    One of the biggest attractions to our show I forgot to mention, The Bluebonnet Classic Egg Show.
    This is an all breeds egg show with a lot of divisions and prizes. Please see our website for more complete
    information.
    Bob

3. werepoodle

werepoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    San Angelo, TX
    Sorry, I'm new, but what is a backyard show?

4. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    In the open show( which is the largest part of the BBC, a bird must be purebred and recognized by the APA or the ABA and is judged by its standards.
    In the Backyard show the bird can be anything and is judged on its own merits. It is basically a beauty contest and a chance for people to show off their favorite birds. There are winners picked by the judge and by the people ( ballot box). This show is just for fun and gives people a chance to experience showing with out the pressure.

5. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    Will there be any birds or hatching eggs for sale there?

6. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    We always have quite a few birds in our Auction and last year there were 2 or 3 dozen hatching eggs in the auction. We also have people selling birds. I believe there were 3 or 4 bird sellers there last year.
    We also have other vendors there

7. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    It looks like we will have another great show with a total of 1700 birds in the barn. Hope to see y'all there

8. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    Cool, I can't wait! Are there a lot of LF Wyandottes that show there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by