blue's eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stillmecle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. stillmecle

stillmecle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    My blue has now laid 17 eggs, of which 15 are in the nest. The other 2 were not developed all the way. Today I caught my cat in the duck house. He didn't hurt the eggs, but now moma doesn't want to go in. If she does go in tonight, which is when she usually does, how long before she is done having eggs and wii finally start sitting on them? It's been almost 20 days since she laid the first egg. It is starting to get cold at night and I am worried they wont make it.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:hopefully she's about through, they won't start to develop till she starts sitting full time.

3. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Well now she has laid two undeveloped eggs within the last couple hours and I don't think she has drank or ate either. What is going on?

4. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    HELP I don't know what to do!!???

5. SaraFL

SaraFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    What do you mean they aren't developed? You said she just laid some undeveloped eggs, but they would not be developed if she just laid them, it takes some days/weeks after she starts sitting on them. I'm not understanding your question.

6. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    What I mean is that the egg shells are not developed all the way or the shells are real soft. She laid another one since I wrote this. It is the same as the others. Pat of the shell is formed and then there is like a spot that is really really soft, hardly any outer shell at all. What is wrong? She is getting good food and oyster shell and clean water and clean pool to swim in.

7. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Can anybody help me on this? She had another egg that had a really soft spot. It looks like the shell has not developed over an area. I am really worried. The temp is dropping low at nights.

8. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Help me I don't know what's wrong with my duck???!

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:How old is Blue? please try to understand we were having a problem understanding what you were asking, so she has laid to partly soft eggs in one day?how about today? how is she acting? can you pick her up and feel her tummy is it hard?

10. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    Bumping your post is agenst the rules. Just a heads up.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by