bluish green eggs...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jjohnson118H9, Oct 28, 2016.

1. jjohnson118H9

jjohnson118H9 New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    I started raising layers this year. The goal was to have a decent variety of chickens so i got 8 different types. Maran, barred rock, buff orpington, speckled sussex, rhode island red, golden and silver laced wyandottes, and an easter egger. Through some bad luck on my neighbors part I also inherited his barred rock and a black australorp and they were accept with no problems by my girls. From my knowledge,I thought i had all brown egg layers except my easter egger until today when I went into the coop and found 8 eggs 2 of them being the bluish green color. Anyone have any ideas on which one of my girls could be laying the second bluish green eggs. Also, I check for eggs multiple times a day since the girls have only been laying for about 3 weeks.

thanks

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    My guess your ee didn't lay yesterday when you checked. . Then layed one after you checked and then again today. .. I guess watch and see if you keep getting 2 green eggs a day.. if you do. One isn't purebred

3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. I agree with Rod-T.

4. jjohnson118H9

jjohnson118H9 New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    i checked both late last night when i locked everything up and then again early this am when i reopened the doors for them there were no eggs...

5. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Well mistakes happen.. all the time.. sometimes eggs get pushed to corners of nest .. easy to miss one
    I know I've done it..
    If you keep getting 2 green. . Then may you got a mix breed from your neighbor? Not all ee look the same.. ee can have single comb too.. depending on breeds it was used to create them.. But in general. Hens don't lay 2 a day.. and that's that.. if you keep getting 2.. look harder at the ones from your neighbor..

6. jjohnson118H9

jjohnson118H9 New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    i uploaded some pics of the girls...maybe you could see something in one of them breed wise that i missed.
    thanks for the advice

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I'm only seeing one Easter Egger there. I'd say you just missed the egg.

8. jjohnson118H9

jjohnson118H9 New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    ill update after a day or so if it happens again.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by