Blustery Day

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sherry, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    The wind is ferocious here. I've so worried about my chicks, but they are adapting much better than I am. I put them in the coop Thursday and they are fine. I've learned a heat lamp brings not only comfort for the chicks but much peace of mind to me.

The man I got my chicks from told me they are barred rock and buff orpington cross. They are a lovely gray back and wings and a silver breast. I have an extra rooster, he was 7 weeks old on Friday. I live in Hinton, near Beckley, if anyone wants/needs a free rooster let me know. Be glad to meet you somewhere to deliver.
    Thanks.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hi Sherry!
    We're getting the same blasts of wind here too!
    How old are your chickies? I have six seven week olds and they are doing OK with a warming light too. I invested in a rheostat to keep the temp around 55 in the coop.
    Sorry I can't take any roosters off you hands, I'm going to have to find homes or tables for about 7 or 9 I got as extras for warmth in my last batch of chicks!
    Good luck and don't get blown away!! [​IMG]

3. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    They were 7 weeks old on Friday. I have 4 pullets and 2 roosters. They are all grey and silver except for one solid white. I've decided I need some red ones now.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by