Blustery weather coming

Cryss

Eggcentric
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Northwest New Jersey
Tomorrow in New Jersey its going to be blustery winds and below freezing. Today it rained. I have put them to bed with vasaline on their combs, even the tiniest ones. They are about 10 weeks old. Would it be advisable to keep them inside their henhouse? They still haven't learned to go in at night so maybe?

I was going to ask you if they have access to a door if they wanted to go out. My chickens are about 8 months old and spent most of the day in their coop, I leave the human door open and their pop door. Today was 55 and breezy and tonight is supposed to be 29.

I do the same and have since the biddies were 8 weeks old, leave the door open if they wanted to go out they could if not fine too. Didn't have the problem of them not going in though, they were learning from the battle axes. I'm guessing you have to put them to bed regardless so just open the door and see what happens. :)

I was going to ask you if they have access to a door if they wanted to go out. My chickens are about 8 months old and spent most of the day in their coop, I leave the human door open and their pop door. Today was 55 and breezy and tonight is supposed to be 29.
Yes they have the pop door but I have to open it every morning. It's not automatic.
I do the same and have since the biddies were 8 weeks old, leave the door open if they wanted to go out they could if not fine too. Didn't have the problem of them not going in though, they were learning from the battle axes. I'm guessing you have to put them to bed regardless so just open the door and see what happens. :)
I don't have any battle axes for them to learn from. At the rate I'm going these gals won't be doing any teaching when they become battle axes:lau

Back
Top Bottom