BO Headgear

desertgirl

Roo Magnet
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Albuquerque,NM
My little three week old BO has a little tiny ridge growing on her (?) forehead. Not to worry, right? Doesn't mean she's a roo,right....
sad.png

I just mentioned a ridge on my BO in another thread and was told females have that too??? Now I'm really curious...I don't want a rooster...I want a little girlie girl!!!
big_smile.png
Will you post a pic, and I can try to take a pic of my little GIRL (she better be!) for comparison...

I've got three BO girls and one boy. The girlies all have little ridge combs but the boy has a decidedly big ol' beer belly comb. Fixin' to name him Bubba even though I normally think of BOs as being very refined looking this boy just looks like he should be pickin' off varmints with a shotgun somewhere.

Will post pics as soon as I figure the whole process out (soooonot computer savvy!).

Got her at the feed store, and she was the one I was counting on not to worry about being a hen...
roll.png

My BO pullet scared me for a while that she was a he. I even went so far as to find a home for her if she ever crowed (we live in the city). She's 6 weeks old and while her comb is growing, I'm not as worried as I was. Her legs are started to get a bit pinkish, too.

Hang in there & don't freak out yet.

Back
Top Bottom