BO hen X barred blue cochin roo

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Godiva, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Thought you might enjoy pics of my two interesting offspring from this cross. Herkemer looks like he is going to be my backup roo for the time being. He is pretty, large and is relatively friendly. Am working on taming him now while he is still young. The pullet, Herkemet, is really sweet and friendly. I am looking forward to seeing their adult feathering - they are really pretty and unusual looking. Herkemer looks as though he is partially barred and partially laced? Anyway, fun all round.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And here is the pullet, HErkemet
    [​IMG]

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Wow, I thought leg/foot feathering was dominant. Are they both clean-legged?

Their colors are gorgeous!

3. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks, well, Herkemer is almost completely clean legged, a few stubs is all he has. Herkemet has a little more but is still relatively clear. And it is not as though their daddy only has light feathering on his legs either, he is a genuine fluff butt [​IMG] Here are a couple pics of Bojangles the roo with some of his ladies.

[​IMG]

My latest pic of Bo, just a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    WoW! Cool coloring! I would like to see more pics when they are adults. Isn't it fun to mix the breeds to see what you get? [​IMG]

I love their names too!

5. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I can't even remember where I heard those names first but they came back to me all of a sudden the other day and I thought - perfect for those two. Makes me chuckle each time I say their names.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by