BO roo? *new pics

JulieNKC

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City
I bought 5 supposed to be pullet bo's. My fave lil one is starting to look boyish to me. He is feathering slower than his sis's, and seems more outgoing. Opinions anyone? He had a fluffy but until a few days ago, is now starting to get a tail but the others have had tail feathers from day one except my lil girl who's tail i think got picked lol. His comb isn't pinker or bigger from what I can tell but...Hoping if he is a roo he's a nice quiet one since I live in city limits.
68502_p1050117.jpg

he is on the right above
and in front here
68502_p1050121.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to help, but I did the same thing with my 2 BO's this spring. I had one that was more petite and feathered out quick, and I had one that was slow to feather and was broader. I swore I had one female and one male. The slower one even had a red comb by 4 weeks already...

Needless to say, I have 2 roos :-( The one I thought was female just took a little longer to show the traits.

Last edited:
Orps can fool you. I had a couple that kept me guessing until they were 8 weeks old.

Yours are too young to tell though. Give it a few more weeks, and post more pics.

hold her by her neck ( still letting her breathe and not causing any pain) if her legs dangle or only move a little its a girl if it kicks and they wont stay straight it is a boy.
this trick really works i use it to sex day old chicks to full grown chickens if i cant tell

Quote:
Never ever heard of this "trick."

Really, those guys are too young to tell. . . And as said before, Orpingtons can play tricks on ya.
wink.png

He still looks different. His/her comb is slightly pinker than the others, and a bit more prominent. He still acts like a roo, running up as soon as I come in and peeping very loud if I dare take one of his girls away lol. His feathers still look different. Where the wing joins his body there are some very long feathers compared to the others.
68502_p1050140.jpg

68502_p1050141.jpg

Is he just having a bad hair day? Still to early? I need to learn some patience...but I want to know!!!lol

Back
Top Bottom