This has taken alot longer than I thought it would to build this coop, but it's almost done. The first six chicks we got are about 3 weeks old and are looking pretty big, they'll probably be ready to go out in the next few weeks. The second half dozen chicks we got are only about a week old so they still have some more time under the french fry lamp before we put them out in the coop. I busted some butt this last weekend to get as much as I could done because I'm probably not going to get much done this weekend with Easter and visiting families. The board siding is up, but I still have to build the nesting boxes, put up trim and put up the battens. I bought a 4' ridge vent to install, but I'm questioning whether I'm going to need it or not with the two windows and the two gable vents. I'd rather not cut a huge slot into my nice water-tight roof... LOL These pictures don't show the shingles because by time I finished up with the roof, it was too dark to take a decent picture. I have a funny feeling that building the coop is only the start, I'm sure the wife will have some more things that she needs before I can consider this project done.