Bob Blosl is gone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sgribble, Oct 18, 2013.

1. sgribble

sgribble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Chatsworth,GA
    It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away. Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.

2 people like this.
  2. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    This is terrible news. I was so looking forward to meeting him in person next month at our club's shows. He was so nice to speak with on the phone. The poultry world will be much poorer without Bob in it. Prayers to his poor wife Zora. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Dear Jesus, bless this man, our dear friend Bob, who has given so much of himself to help others.
    In Jesus' name.
    Amen.

4. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    This is a very sad day for the chicken world, Bob was a great man, he had a huge heart and was always helping new people. I know he is in heaven and someday I will get to meet him. Prayers for his wife, family and friends. KISS I will always remember that Bob.

Sincerely, Melissa Ahlers

1 person likes this.
  5. thedragonlady

thedragonlady Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2012
    Camden,S.C.
    Another of the great ones has gone. Bob made it his mission to help, and and educate people. We will miss him .

5 people like this.
  6. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I'm in shock. My heart goes out to his family. There are no words.....God rest his soul.

7. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    x2

8. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

Interesting that this was Bob's last post on this thread. I have been lurking here for a couple of years learning, making notes, earmarking posts. I made my decision on what breed I wanted to work with and secured my stock last spring based on a lot of his insight.
    My thoughts are with his family both in blood and in the world of Large Fowl Poultry,,,,,,,let's hope we can keep "kicking the can" in his memory and keep the education and history going forward.

Dan B

8 people like this.
  9. capayvalleychick

capayvalleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    Amen.

I'm so sad. He didn't know me but I listened to and respected every word that he wrote. I saw the news on Facebook and was hoping it was a mistake.

10. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    May we do him proud and keep his legacy going strong, he wouldn't want/have it any other way

KISS

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by