Bob eggs - 2 things that's so pronounced from my gals!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by _Randall_, Jul 17, 2011.

1. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    1) One of them will lay a very tiny egg ever time she lays. (I'm assuming it's a certain one.) I get that one OFTEN! They are "ALWAYS" infertile.

2) If it's a "cooler-than-the-usual-109ยบ-heat-index-day", that's usually welcomed by compliments of daily thunderstorms, the egg production increases significantly.......sometimes doubles! Egg production usually slows during this time of year, but it's just something about those cooler days that puts the ladies in the egg-spillin' mood.

Just ramblin'.......... [​IMG]

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i take eggs anyway i get them [​IMG]

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    RANDAL I GET THE SAME WITH THE RAINY WEATHER HERE.... DONT KNOW IF THE COOLER TEMPS STIMULATE THEM TO LAY OR IF THEY'RE BORED CAUSE ITS RAINING AND HAVE NUTHIN BETTER TO DO? [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Quote:My Bob's do the same thing here, the egg production and nest building really picks up during the rainy season. Anywhere where Bob's, or any quail are raised with a "rainy season" in the summer, will bring out that natural instinct to begin raising young, being that the rains bring out all bugs and natural foods for raising a large brood. [​IMG]

5. scottysquails

scottysquails Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    we have had a little cooler weather and lots of rain, I have also notice my egg production increase in the last few days

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i must say i notice the rain thing not just with bobs but with my coturnix as well. they will always give me the most i can receive on those cool damp days. still evening laying with the coturnix more but a few have some layed while im on my lunch around 12.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by