bob white question..

Discussion in 'Quail' started by sgt_dane, May 31, 2010.

1. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Hello. Im new to bob whites and was wondering if i can keep them housed with my other birds? I have melanistic pheasants, ringneck pheasants and chukar in a treed flight in the back yard. was just wondering if i can house my bob whites with them or if there will be a picking issue?? i only have two bobs with well over a dozen other birds.. Thanks!

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Bad Mojo Waiting To Happen Here Sarge...

While Bobs Are Mean Lil Suckers, The Size Factor Is Definately Working Against Them In The Mix You Describe.

3. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Yeah thats what im afraid of.. Theyre definitely a lively bunch, that i do know, but wasnt sure.. so im thinking that if i dont want to go through the hastle of a whole other flight pen for two little bob whites, i may just give them back to the person i got them from.. time will tell really.. Thanks a lot for the input [​IMG]

4. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Bobwhites are mean little birds, they look adorable but that's just there disgise, mine are in their pen sometimes my hen will roam around the bobwhites pen with their flock of 8 chicks and the bobwhites try to peck at them thought the wire. And sometimes when there laying eggs they will attack me when I try to gather the eggs. You have to becarefull with these birds.
    Good luck with them.

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    If Its Just A Pair They Will Do Fine In Small Cage...

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:wait til dark to put your hand in the cage to feed them too LOL

7. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    bobwhite mean? not mine atleast we can almost hold them. our also eat out of our hands..... what kinda birds yall got... must not be northen bobwhites.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by