Bobcat killed my Holderread American blue gander

Discussion in 'Geese' started by GUNNERMATE, Jan 8, 2012.

1. GUNNERMATE

GUNNERMATE Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    California
    I have a nice pond with what I thought was a great no climb electric fence around it. I think he still might have got in under the electric wire. I am mad as hell. I set a couple traps today. I'm hoping I can get him before he gets anymore. They were just showing signs that they were going to start breeding. Makes me sick.

2. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    i am so sorry for your loss [​IMG] i hope you are able to catch the bobcat but please dont relocate him you need to humanely put it down by shooting him or if you dont have a gun copletly submerge the cage in water other wise he will find his way back and continue to go after your birds [​IMG]

3. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    i am so sorry for your loss [​IMG] i hope you are able to catch the bobcat but please dont relocate him you need to humanely put it down by shooting him or if you dont have a gun copletly submerge the cage in water other wise he will find his way back and continue to go after your birds [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

5. GUNNERMATE

GUNNERMATE Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    California
    Don't worry, I have guns. I am a firearms dealer. He will be relocated to heaven.

6. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    ok good cause i would hate for you to relocate him and have him come back and get more of your flock [​IMG]

do you have a coup you can lock them in at night till you get him that would be the best thing

heaven seams to be a great relocation home [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I hope you get him soon. Sorry for your loss.

8. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:There is nothing humane about drowning any animal. Bobs don't really care to dig. Sure you have a bobcat?

9. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    Quote:There is nothing humane about drowning any animal. Bobs don't really care to dig. Sure you have a bobcat?

Ditto!

I do hope you find the problem. It is horrible to have tragedy like this happen.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by