Bobwhite female very aggressive

Discussion in 'Quail' started by JRFarm, Aug 10, 2014.

1. JRFarm

JRFarm New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    I recently acquired some bobwhite from a local breeder and he had them in a ground pin. I have a wire cage and placed all quail(1 male and 3 females) in the cage (8'x2') and one of the females is showing aggression to the point that the other 2 were confined to one corner of the cage and couldn't get food or water I separated the aggressive and the male from the cage, is there anything I can do to calm the aggression? Please help

2. HugHess

HugHess Chickrack Addict

Jul 14, 2014
    Go BROWNS
    If you look up 'aggressive quail' in the search box you will get a lot of opinions that may, or may not, help you out. I tried to do a multiple quote for you, and unfortunately, my 'newbieness' is getting the best of me as I can't seem to get the multi quote thingy-ma-bob to work for me!
    But help is out here, you just have to dig it up....
    Seems as though the predominant opinions are, show quail whose boss, jail said quail in separate confinement, like a milk crate or small cage and put that inside coop where she can't get to others until she decides to change her 'tune'... or rehome, remove or permanently separate....
    Hope you find what you need.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  3. sniper338

sniper338 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Nope. Bobwhites are suppose to be 1:1 during breeding season. Winter they can all go together...

4. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by