?? Bobwhite quail eggs ??

Discussion in 'Quail' started by kuvats, Nov 4, 2010.

1. kuvats

kuvats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    hello
    Does anyone know a place that sells bobwhite eggs I am looking for mutations like the red speckled , white, blonde (Orange) or any others I would be grateful for any help
    George

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:RED SPECKLED BOB WHITE?

UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE ABOUT 6 MOS LATE FOR BOB EGGS... THEY ARE SEASONAL BREEDERS, THO SOME FOLKS DO MANAGE TO FOOL THEM WITH LIGHTS MANY STRAINS ARE LIGHT CONISUER'S AND WILL ONY EXCEPT THE REAL SUN... TRY EBAY, EGGBID, OVABID.

3. LostinQuailLand

LostinQuailLand Out Of The Brooder

Quote:RED SPECKLED BOB WHITE?

UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE ABOUT 6 MOS LATE FOR BOB EGGS... THEY ARE SEASONAL BREEDERS, THO SOME FOLKS DO MANAGE TO FOOL THEM WITH LIGHTS MANY STRAINS ARE LIGHT CONISUER'S AND WILL ONY EXCEPT THE REAL SUN... TRY EBAY, EGGBID, OVABID.

OK I havent learned my lesson YET, but JJMR...r there different variations or colors of BOBWHITES? LOL MY bobs (normal) lay eggs like they are going out of style. I have finally cut back on the lighting so they would stop.....

4. kuvats

kuvats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    My Apologies i should have taken an extra second and stated things more clearly
    I am looking for mutations of bobwhites I want to find people that are willign to sell eggs I am looking for tennesee reds, mexican speckled, Whites , orange or blonde somtimes called buffs also Masked and silver bobwhites Any help would be appreciated.

5. LostinQuailLand

Quote:No need to apologize. I am new at t his Bobwhite thing (May 2010) and I did not know that there were any other bobwhites other than bobwhites.

6. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    "OK I havent learned my lesson YET, but JJMR...r there different variations or colors of BOBWHITES"

YEPPERS THERE SURE ARE. JUST NO RED SPECKLED THAT I KNEW OF... [​IMG]

AGAIN YOUR BEST BET WITH THESE IS LIKEY EBAY/ EGGBID/ OVABID GOOD LUCK THO AS IT IS HARD TO FIND MANY OF THEM DURING THE NATURAL BREEDING SEASON AND NOW THAT'S GONE SO THEY WILL BE EVEN MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND. ALSO MANY OF THE COLORATIONS YOU SEEK FETCH A PRETTY PENNY. TRY SENDING A PM HERE TO RANDY AT SPECTRUM RANCH BYC USER ID = SPECTRUMRANCH AND SEE IF HE HAS ANY OR KNOWS WHICH DIRECTION TO POINT YOU IN.

7. LostinQuailLand

Quote:Oh no thank you. Once these bobs are free I am done with BOBs no matter what color they are!

8. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:Oh no thank you. Once these bobs are free I am done with BOBs no matter what color they are!

LOL--- I WARNED YOU. YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME... OH NOOOOO THEY ARENT MEAN THEY ARE PRECIOUS FUZZY LIL DARLINGS--- I TOLD YA, ABSOLUTE REAL LIFE HONEST TO GOODNESS GREMLINS THEY ARE [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by