bobwhite sex . (pic attached)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mybirds, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mybirds

mybirds New Egg

Aug 18, 2010
    1 male and 1 female ? sorry if its too obvious. i just want to confirm. thanks alot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. renegaderidgefarm

renegaderidgefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2009
    South Carolina
    Yep! You're right - a male and a female.

3. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Amen! [​IMG]

4. mybirds

mybirds New Egg

Aug 18, 2010
    thanks [​IMG]..they are 3 + month old already...still not laying any eggs:(..

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:THEY LIKELY WONT UNTIL NEXT SPRING. BOBS ARE SEASONAL LAYERS. SOME CAN BE TRICKED WITH ARTIFICIAL LIGHT AND PROPER TEMPERATURE, BUT MANY ARE STUBORNLY STUCK ON SPRING/ SUMMER LAYING ONLY (LIGHT CONISUERS IF YOU WILL? ) . MOST WILL NOT LAY BEFORE A YEAR OLD IRREGUARDLESS OF REAL OR ARTIFICIAL LIGHT. IF THEY ARE 3 MONTHS OLD THEY ARENT EVEN FULL GROWN YET-- 16-24WKS DEPENDING ON THE STRAIN AND IN THE CASE OF SOME GIANT BREEDS THEY WILL CONTINUE TO GROW FOR ALMOST A YEAR DISPITE BEING FULL SIZE (THEY CONTINUE TO FILL OUT AND BUILD MUSCLE/ WEIGHT)

6. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    One boy and one girl. They are really alot of fun to raise. The hen will probabally lay eggs this fall. I have raised alot of bobwhites,and they are not that hard to raise.

7. rule6660

rule6660 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Boothbay
    The one with the white over the eye is the male?

8. Valley quail breeder

Valley quail breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    The one with white face is the male on the left in the photo the hens will be brown masked with a touch of white like the one on the right.

9. Quail's Hollar Farm

Quail's Hollar Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    The male is on the left the female is on the right she will have a chesnut colored eyepatch across her face while the males have a white eyepatch. Don't worry there are no stupid questions

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by