Bobwhite Varieties

There is white, orange, mexican speckled, masked, and silver!!
smile.png

From Largest To Smallest

Butler Giants (often Called Indiana Giants)
Georgia Giants
Wisconsin Jumbo (also Called Northern Jumbo)
Standard Eastern Bob White

Special Note We Have A Byc'er Who Has Produced Another Strain Called The Slate Belt Monster Bob White--- Have Not Had Any Exposure To Them To Know Where They Fit Into The Scale Above (hint Charlie!)

Colorwise
Standard Brown Bob Coloration
Orange
Blonde
Snow Flake
Mexican Speckled
Tennessee Red
White

Quote:
SURE DO A BYC OR GOOGLE SEARCH FOR THEM... ALSO WWW.GBWF.ORG HAS MANY PIX OF ALL KINDS OF GAMEBIRDS - WHICH ARE CORRECT.

Thanks and how hardy and loud r they?? There use to be a guy in town that had Bobwhites but they moved and he had them in a Run with gravel on the ground for them.... and housing

Once Late Juvenile Age They're Pretty Hardy And Tolerate Temperature Extremes Quite Well. Loud? Well That Depends On The Birds Themselves And How Your Set Up--- When I Started Out With Them It Was Just A Few In Breeder Pens--- Couldnt Get Them To "bob White" For Nothing. Now I Have Breeder Pens, Grow Out Pens, And Brooder Pens Scattered Around And They Can Get A Lil Boisterous At Times. Not As Bad As Chickens But A Lil Worse Than Coturnix.

Quote:
SURE DO A BYC OR GOOGLE SEARCH FOR THEM... ALSO WWW.GBWF.ORG HAS MANY PIX OF ALL KINDS OF GAMEBIRDS - WHICH ARE CORRECT.

JJ please explain "correct" as I see information on the button quail that are not correct...

Correct In This Case Is Correct Coloration And Patern On The Birds... Some Folks Cross Bobs Incorrectly And End Up With Mutts That They Would Sell As Snowflake... Or Mexican Speckled,,, Etc. To Someone Not Educated In Bobs They Would Not Know The Difference And Pay Premium Dollar For Mutts That Should Not Be Used For Propagation As These Mutts Only Muddy The Gene Pool. Same Thing With Many Ornimental Pheasants.

Back
Top Bottom