Body Hatching

birdymama

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2011
Has anyone ever tried body hatching with coturnix? Any tips?

I've tried this once with one egg, which made it all the way to day 15. Kept it in my bra. It tried to hatch early. My suspicions are on the vibrations caused by the hour long bus ride that day.

LoL
ya.gif
sorry just have to laugh, never heard it before but that is quite intriguing. You said it tried to hatch early, did it?

So... you hatch the egg by incubating it on your person?

What if it decides to hatch at an inconvenient time? How do you keep humidity levels sufficiently high? What do you do with the chick if it hatches while you're on the go?
I am so confused!

How did you manage to keep it in your bra without breaking it? Was it between the cleavage or under? Those are the only areas that I can think of that might be safe to put an egg. I'm kinda tempted to try it. Sounds like an interesting experiment in incubation.

Did the chick survive? and was the egg on the first day of incubation or was it older when you tried to body hatch it?

Yeah I'm pretty serious about it. I've heard enough stories to think there's plenty of woman interested in a personal hatching experience.
I won't do it. Just not attached to the thought but I'm fascinated by the idea.
A bra that secure enough but gentle enough for an egg AND comfortable for the woman to wear.

The only reason I get weirded out by the idea is because I'd think it'd be a little unsanitary? When you sleep do you put it in a bator? There's no controlling your movement in your sleep!

haha but it's technically almost a perfect environment... it's warm and humid
lau.gif

I'd watch and read a story but I could never bring myself to it. Someone should do a documentary on it!

I'd think maybe making the broody bra as a push up bra, and where the extra padding is, there'd a compartment. One on each side for the sake of symmetry. Maybe jersey cotton, possible memory foam to nestle the egg in, and maybe some sort of elastic cup to help secure it into place...It'd need to be reinforced somehow, maybe plastic boning like what is used in fashion corsets?

Maybe make a two egg compact mini incubator for when the human brooder sleeps. That would certainly remove the risk of smashing the egg.

Back
Top Bottom