1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Body piercing (nose) anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantymum, Feb 8, 2008.

1. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Gidday Cobbers, (Aussie word for mate)

well i finally let them stick a stud in my nose.
    A friend owns a tattoo parlour, very nice place too!
    Hes been at me to get a bling in my nose and I was too chicken ~that is until Tuesday.
    So I walked in and said Im ready!!!
    A young girl in her 20's performed the task.
    I sat in the chair expecting a " Piercing gun" same as ears however I copped a needle through the nose instead.
    Real Nice ~ Not!!! though not as painful as I expected.
    Anyhow I picked a pretty tiny little diamond and I like it.
    Now I just have to bathe it with saline once a day for 2 weeks. Joy.
    So maybe im going through change of life or something!
    I dunno
    Anyhow, who else has piercings and where do you have them and did they hurt????

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I have 2 in my EARS ONLY!!!!! For me that is enough!!! Good luck with your new one I hope it works out for you. I just can't imagine one in my nose.... OOOOOUCH!!!!!!

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey............hope it all goes well..........Love the look.........can't do it myself.......... I Like the eyebrow diamonds [​IMG] I only have 3 in each ear......only use 2........ send pics [​IMG]

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    careful the chicks don't yank it out!

5. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG] Bantymum I have been wanting one for so long in my nose but I am super chicken s**t [​IMG].
    So I only have my ears pierced [​IMG]

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Geez, see what happens when you decide to spend less time here? I have just one in each ear. Don't let the chickens get it!

7. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Around here I have noticed folks going around with these large ear plugs, must create a nice size hole in their ear lope. I even saw a person with a plate in her lower lip.

I knew these type of body decorations were popular with some tribes in South America, I didnt know they had become fashionable world wide.

8. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    When I was younger & more stupid I had my tounge & libre (area btwn bottom lip & chin) pierced. I did the tongue twice. It wasn't so bad really...the after care sucked...no cokes and stuff for like 2 wks. BUT the libre is something I highly suggest NO ONE do...when i got ready to change it out, the back of the stud had grown into my lip over night, so I had to cut my lip open, get a pair of pliers & unscrew it...it was the most horrible experience. Just ughh...ughh..horrible memories...
    Kristi

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    In my younger days, me and my BF went to get our bellybuttons done. It was not bad, just the healing that was a pain, literally. Finally, when I was 6 months pregnant I finally went and got it out. [​IMG]

10. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I've seen that too, pipermark! What happens if this person gets tired of the look or finds that the prospective employer won't hire him/her or gets passed over for a promotion? Sad, but true--appearance counts for many employers. I don't have any piercings or tattoos, but I do like the henna idea because it isn't permanent and you can change designs after about 6 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by