Boettcher , in Baker city OR ???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by donnie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    Hey guys i just recieved a shipment of 9 bantam size white eggs some didnt make it , but what im wondering about is who this is and why i got eggs from them .... some eggs are marked by date some are not . som dates say 7-18-10 , 8-18-10 , and others are blank .....

This is funny to me since i was not expecting eggs for one , and for two this name is not in the user list nor have i participated in any trades swaps or chains do to the fact my birds are not laying and i have 3 sets of eggs awaiting to be delivered upon being layed .... and the shipping date on the package is 8-17-10 and some of the eggs are marked 8-18-10 ...

So im just wondering what is up with these eggs , do i , should i even think about putting them in the incubator or what .....

the name on the box is

Boettcher , ive never seen that name as far as i can remember at all , the hand writing of the sender address is totally different than the hand writing on the sending address as well

the eggs were packed with plastic grocery bags and nestled in a cardboard egg carton and wrapped in papertowels .. some of the eggs didnt make it tho

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    How odd!!! I have received eggs with similar markings the seller said it was to identify the bird which laid the egg not the date so maybe its the same thing just coincidental that it matched recent dates. Hope you solve the mystery [​IMG]

3. Hi! Could they be from this member? She mentions Baker City, OR in that post.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    thanks dipsy , i talked with her and she didnt send them but had someone send them but it just didnt happen how she planned , so its not her fault at all but thanks for the help on figureing it out i greatly appreciate it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by