Boiled shrimp, potatos, boiled onions and corn o/t cob OK FOR CHICKENS

202roosterlane

Happy Hen on a Harley
12 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Central Arkansas
My sister made enough the other night to feed an Army, so now I am wondering if they can have it? The shrimp is peeled but still has the tail on it. Everything is boiled and has been in the fridge over night. Thanks for your help
big_smile.png

Chickens love shrimp. The shell and tail add calcium. Mine love corn on the cob too. I feed some onions but too many can change the flavor of eggs and meat.

Well just about every chicken stuck it's nose up to the shrimp and went for the bolied potatos. I am gonna give them a half hour. If they don't eat them I'll go pick all of them up.
smack.gif
Man what I do for my chickens.
bow.gif
You think they are waiting on left over steak and lobster or something?
lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif

PS I went ahead and threw away the boiled onion. It made me nervous they would get heartburn.....I figure if it gives me heart burn .........
sickbyc.gif

My daughter feed one of my Jack Russell terriers some onions and mushrooms one night.
The next day she was about dead. The vet said you shouldn't feed either of them to any pets as they are poisonous to most animals. They had her on IV's for a week and she was so bad that she couldn't get up to pee so she just did it there. She went into renal failure. She is still with us but now she has accidents. We are putting down hardwood flooring to make life easier. He specifically stated that they would even poison a chicken and a chicken can drink stricknine and it will not kill it

Ooh, shrimp!! What a great idea!
smile.png

I found several freezer-burned bags hiding out in the freezer and now I know JUST what to do with them. I wonder if I should boil them first...

Back
Top Bottom