1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boise, ID 1.5 year old Silver Seabright

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by PolkaDot77, Oct 27, 2015.

1. PolkaDot77

PolkaDot77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Hello BYC Community!

I have a 1.5 year old Silver Seabright that I regretfully need to re home. I have had her since a chick (last spring) and unfortunately her other 5 hen friends have suddenly decided to start pick and peck on her. She currently is recovering from getting her neck plucked until it was bloody. I have had her inside for the last week, applying Vetricyn, and she looks and acts a whole lot better. However, she is really missing being outside and I can't put her back in the coop just to get picked on again. So I have sadly decided to rehome her.

I would like her to go to a home with other smaller chickens like her, as I believe some of her standard size hen roommates have decided to peck on her as she is the smallest in the flock.

Please let me know if you would be interested in adding her to your flock. She is beautiful and super sweet. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Lady Mary, Silver Seabright, second from the left

[​IMG]
    Drawing of Lady Mary that my Mother in Law did

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I would take her in a heartbeat... Trouble is. you are only about 1689 miles too far. I had one before and she was not being picked on at all. Also had a golden seabrite and she also carried her own very well. You can see both in my pix. Just so you know,, My silver seabrite was my longest living hen.. She lived 13 years. Went to the other side about 2 years ago. The golden one lived about 8+

WISHING YOU BEST[​IMG]

3. chicklover56

chicklover56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2015
    Kansas
    Coming to Kansas anytime soon?

4. cavemanrich

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Kansas is not in my travel plans ether, But I'm sure Dorothy (Judy Garland ) can click her heels and be there instantly. [​IMG]

5. chicklover56

Jun 1, 2015
    Kansas
    lol [​IMG]

6. PolkaDot77

Aug 26, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Thanks for the replies. I am still hoping to re-home her as she is feeling better and anxious to get outside. I take her out for supervised time right now, however, all the other gals are still trying to get it her and her neck is still healing up a bit. I did make her a chicken sweater to try to protect her neck but she had it off in about a minute once she was outside and able to stretch her wings! Too funny!

7. PolkaDot77

Aug 26, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Wish I was! I feel like it shouldn't be this tricky to find a home for her when she is so sweet!! :)

8. LuWis

LuWis Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2015
    Can the darling be shipped to Florida?

9. chicklover56

Jun 1, 2015
    Kansas
    I know! Best of luck!

10. cavemanrich

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I just got a brain storm LOL LOL post this on the following thread in Idaho. You target local peeps nearby.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/8042/idaho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by