BOISE, ID - FREE ROOSTER

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by blondiebee181, Nov 10, 2013.

1. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Anyone in the Boise area need a free rooster? I took him in as a chick, not yet knowing his sex. My grandma got some straight run from a friend and found out that her dog had been killing them. Fearing for the lone chicks life, she reached out to me. I agreed to take it and it has been living with my hens and ducks, but I live in the city and this morning he started crowing. Not too loud yet, but I am afraid my neighbors will complain...
    I am pretty sure he is a mixed breed of sorts...I will try to post some pictures of him tomorrow. He has a blueish body and is starting to grow in reddish head feathers and he has a few little feathers on his feet...his name is D.C. which is short for Dumb Chick, lolol, due to the fact that he has never been super bright and my boss hen still kicks him around. If you want him for breeding or for dinner, I would understand, but I won't process him myself and he can't stay. Let me know if you are interested, again I will take some pics tomorrow.

2. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Here are some pics of D.C.
    [​IMG]
    He's still molting into his young adult plumage so he's still not as pretty as he will be. He really is a nice guy, he gets along well enough with my hens and doesn't pick on anyone and he's nice to me and somewhat easy to catch even though he doesn't like it.
    [​IMG]
    He's kind of a pretty little guy even if he is a bit daft...pleeease take him to a good home and/or let your chicken friends know...I just got done getting on my neighbors for the racket their dogs make and I don't want to be a hypocrit by owning a rooster, plus if I get turned in they are illegal in the city limits. Spread the word to re-home D.C.!!
    [​IMG]

3. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Anyone?

4. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I'll understand if he becomes a table bird, but I just don't have the heart or the stomach to process him myself.

5. crazychicken5

crazychicken5 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2015
    when was this posted?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by