Boldly going where noone has gone before

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
Any star trek fans out there? I never watched it in my youth but as i have tired with the deliquent destruction of my once beloved star wars and seclusion to a networkless atmosphere i have begun watching it. At first i only liked enterprise. I loved deep space nine and detested voyager. After seeing several episodes of voyager i can say the only two characters i like slash identify with are seven of nine and captain janeway. Im sure this will leave much up to debate but personally i find these old star trek episodes have what the new star wars movies lack and the hoi polloi desire: meaningful and identifiable characters that show feeling and intrepidation.

I used to be a rabid Star Trek fan, I remember Jean Luc Picard and 7 of nine with her costume spray painted on. I remember Captain Janeway, but not her particular crew.
Lots of memories about Klingons, Vulcans, the Borg. Actually the only thing I couldn't stand about original Star Trek series was Captain Kirk. Nowadays he would have been in hot water for the way he lusted after all the women. What a pig.

I used to be a rabid Star Trek fan, I remember Jean Luc Picard and 7 of nine with her costume spray painted on. I remember Captain Janeway, but not her particular crew.
Lots of memories about Klingons, Vulcans, the Borg. Actually the only thing I couldn't stand about original Star Trek series was Captain Kirk. Nowadays he would have been in hot water for the way he lusted after all the women. What a pig.
Kirk was the reason I never watched it to begin with. I despise characters like him. The show itself is pretty soap opera like. I cant bring myself to watch the movies. I think itll just be too different. Plus my favorite episodes are those that usually revolve around one crew member. Im not really there for the space junk

I grew up watching TNG with my dad, I love all the old movies and series'. I have watched every episode of every series many many times. I lovee the old klingons from TNG-DS9 and even voyager. Dont get me started on those Orion slave girls though lol // I dont like the newest series, the newer movies are good but not the same to me. I'm actually watching Voyager now, one of the girls i date lovess it.

I actually have the starship enterprise tattooed in the center of my chest with some of the planets from the opening sequence of TNG and a banner that says, "what a long strange trip it's been"

I grew up watching TNG with my dad, I love all the old movies and series'. I have watched every episode of every series many many times. I lovee the old klingons from TNG-DS9 and even voyager. Dont get me started on those Orion slave girls though lol // I dont like the newest series, the newer movies are good but not the same to me. I'm actually watching Voyager now, one of the girls i date lovess it.

I actually have the starship enterprise tattooed in the center of my chest with some of the planets from the opening sequence of TNG and a banner that says, "what a long strange trip it's been"
Dear god what hath i wrot? Its always unfathomable to me the lengths of fandom. Although i had at one point considered tattooing the triforce on myself...

Loved the next gen. and I walked around every once in a while when DS9 was on the air telling people who asked any sort of question "the Sisco knows"
I love this. Couldnt stand "the sisko must not die" garbage. He knows nothing. You told him nothing. But you need him to save us all. Seriously wtf

I've got a tattoo too; a tng combadge in the appropriate location. :cool:

My favourite series overall is likely DS9; I just think the story arc was so much more exciting than what had come before, and allowed for deeper development. Loved VOY too; Janeway is my favourite captain; more tangible acts of sacrifice and risk.

Agree with @drumstick diva regarding Kirk (Riker is similarly repulsive, Bashir, Paris...). There are a lot of uncomfortable episodes of TOS and early TNG when viewed through modern eyes; a lot of outdated views on race, gender and sexuality.

ENT was redeemable at times; just terribly bland. I think they chose an unexciting setting on the time line and just ran out of momentum.

Loved Discovery, but can't really see it as part of the same universe; has to be viewed in its own right. Loved the brutality of it, and the polished look.

Live long and prosper.

Dear god what hath i wrot? Its always unfathomable to me the lengths of fandom. Although i had at one point considered tattooing the triforce on myself...
My next two tattoos will also be startrek / grateful dead themed and I have one planned that is a johnny 5 / daniel boone combo tattoo lol . I dig nerdy things. triforce could be cool if it was done in an original way, so many of them out there.

watching TNG now // I need my daily dose of klingon

prune-juice-awarriorsdrink-12460105.png

Back
Top Bottom