Bona Vita Farm Saying Hello!

BonaVitaFarm

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Eastern Canada (the Maritimes!)
Well we're not actually a farm although our house has been called a funny farm on more than one occasion. We are just a young couple trying to live the good life (Bona Vita) by staying in touch with reality and loving all of the gifts we have been given which include: 5 wonderful children and one more on the way, a decent house in a nice neighborhood in the country, a cat, a dog and starting next week 14 chickens. A little overwhelmed right now with trying to finish the construction of the coop before they arrive, so I'll have to be going now to get the littler ones off to bed and get the bigger kids to help with making some trusses for the coop. Glad to be here on BYC and thanks to all the contributors to the Coops section. Lots of great ideas.

Cheers!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Good luck with your chickens
thumbsup.gif

To BonaVita Farm

Hello fellow MARITIMER!
frow.gif

I'm from PEI. There is a thread for Canadians on BYC, but it is mostly used to say hello only. This is a great website for chicken info.

I have silver-pencilled plymouth rocks -- just a few, so I am trying to hatch out some eggs this spring. I'd like to have a dozen or so good quality hens, so I will be culling out ones that aren't up to the Standard of this breed. You can see some pics of my chickens on this website. Just do a search on PEI Chicken.

Good luck with your chicken venture. I am having lots of fun, found out that I can build chicken coops, and love my chickens dearly. I tell people that I've filled my empty nest with chickens.

Back
Top Bottom