Bona Vita Farm Saying Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BonaVitaFarm, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Well we're not actually a farm although our house has been called a funny farm on more than one occasion. We are just a young couple trying to live the good life (Bona Vita) by staying in touch with reality and loving all of the gifts we have been given which include: 5 wonderful children and one more on the way, a decent house in a nice neighborhood in the country, a cat, a dog and starting next week 14 chickens. A little overwhelmed right now with trying to finish the construction of the coop before they arrive, so I'll have to be going now to get the littler ones off to bed and get the bigger kids to help with making some trusses for the coop. Glad to be here on BYC and thanks to all the contributors to the Coops section. Lots of great ideas.

Cheers!

2. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Good luck with your chickens [​IMG]

3. Thanks!

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats and have fun. :thumbsup

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

7. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! So glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. PEI chicken

PEI chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    To BonaVita Farm

Hello fellow MARITIMER![​IMG]

I'm from PEI. There is a thread for Canadians on BYC, but it is mostly used to say hello only. This is a great website for chicken info.

I have silver-pencilled plymouth rocks -- just a few, so I am trying to hatch out some eggs this spring. I'd like to have a dozen or so good quality hens, so I will be culling out ones that aren't up to the Standard of this breed. You can see some pics of my chickens on this website. Just do a search on PEI Chicken.

Good luck with your chicken venture. I am having lots of fun, found out that I can build chicken coops, and love my chickens dearly. I tell people that I've filled my empty nest with chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by