Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast Marinade?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by bigredfeather, Jul 11, 2011.

1. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I am sitting here eating a grilled boneless/skinless breast for my lunch which is pretty good (butchered Saturday, so nice and freah), but, I was wondering if anyone had any really good marinade recipes for these.

Got any?

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Sure:

Fresh Lime juice, olive oil, a clove of crushed garlic. Pinch of chipotle if you like heat.

Same, but with fresh lemon juice, minus the chili pepper.

3. Blaineiac

Blaineiac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    I brine with 1/2C each salt and sugar, 1 tsp cumin. Refridgerate 2-4hours. Rinse and smother in garlic infused olive oil and grill over real wood. Baste every time you flip. I got tired of plucking so I had to get creative. Works on Leg qtrs too.

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    OK, I know this is really, really overdone, but I still really love the taste of grilled chicken OR beef after its been marinaded in bottled Italian salad dressing -- I usually use Kraft Zesty Italian.

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    White wine, lemon zest, fresh coarsely cracked black pepper, salt, and rosemary.

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I just use generic Italian salad dressing and it's DELICIOUS! Best stuff ever!

7. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Haven't tried it yet but this months Southern Living magazine had a recipe for marinating chicken in buttermilk and then grilling. I know everybody has heard of soaking chicken in buttermilk before frying it. Never would have occurred to me to grill it.

Goya brand mojo sauce is also good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by