Bonjour!

NadiaT

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
I would just like to introduce myself as a new member and new to the world of chickens!

Although British, I have recently moved to the very rural Normandy coutryside in France, and one of the things I promised my children when we moved here was that we would have chickens; just about everybody in our little village has chickens!! My three ladies are great, and there's nothing quite like seeing a chicken running full pelt towards you across the garden because the think they're going to get a treat (and they are often right!). They very kindly supply an egg each every day at the moment, to the point I am giving eggs to friends.

I stumbled across this website when looking for advice on what "leftovers" were suitable to give chickens, and have found it a great source of information.

Look forward to getting to know you over the Internet!

Nadia

welcome-byc.gif
from Scotland

Bonjour back to you!!! Welcome to BYC! I too am new and stumbled across BYC by accident. I am very grateful I did. There are so many friendly, helpful people on here.

I give eggs to friends, neighbors, people I work with and also the homeless shelter in town. I also learned yesterday, from BYC, that you can scramble excess eggs and feed them to your girls. I give my girls all kinds of fruits and veggies. They love grapes, cherry tomatoes and rice best of all. I love it when they see me coming and run to me. They sit on my lap and want to be pet and talked to.

My mother is from France and still has family there. I have been to France many times, but not for a few years.

Again, welcome to BYC!

Colette

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome!! I think I'm going to enjoy being a member of this site!

Nadia
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom