1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bonnie & Clyde, our newest additions

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bizzeeb60, Apr 18, 2009.

1. bizzeeb60

bizzeeb60 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Frostproof, FL
    Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce the two newest members of our little farm. They are Bonnie and Clyde a pair of African Geese that we just purchased from our neighbors that needed to sell them because of their new puppy.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't wait until they get used to their surroundings and she begins to lay eggs again and starts to set again [​IMG]

We built them a "Goose Coop" for nesting in but not sure how they feel about it yet, they just seem happy to have such a large yard area to explore.

2. Spike

Spike Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    NH VIA NYC
    Awww they're beautiful!

Best of luck to them in their new home..and to you as well!

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Very pretty bizzeeb! I've heard that Africans are gentle. Do yours let you come up to them and socialize?

4. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    They're gorgeous!!! I hope they're nicer than the African geese which my barn had growing up...

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Hey, good name! We just got 2 pairs of Pilgrim goslings and my daughter named one pair Bonnie & Clyde and the other pair Donald and Daisy (even though they are ducks and we have geese) lol
    Congrats! They are preeeetty!

6. bizzeeb60

bizzeeb60 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Frostproof, FL
    They have not really let us come up and pet them, although they have been pretty good at knowing to follow me to the food dish in the morning and evening and come to us when we call them.

Clyde tries to get an "attitude" sometimes but so far if he hold up our hand and say NO he listens and backs off.

As for the names, our friends that we bought them from had named them, but we figured they fit in well with most of the other names of the critters around here. After all, we already had Oscar & Felix (the dogs) and Stanley, Ollie, Lucy, Ethel & Carol (the Cows) ....as you can tell my DH likes old movies/comedies. The Chicken were harder to name though, Daisy, Biddie, Henny Penny, Sadie, Flossie, Frizzie, Ebony & Chester (our Roo) we had a Hester but she passed recently.

7. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    gorgeous! simply stunning.

8. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    THEY ARE ADORABLE!! congrats! ps-i love the names! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by