Boogety, Boogety, Boogety, Let's Burn the Racetrack, Boys!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bunnylady, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Actually, since no one was hurt it's a good thing that happened. Aside from drag racing, that was the most boring race I've ever seen. Because of NASCAR's new rules it was a 190 mile per hour parade, and yes, I did email NASCAR to express my disappointment. Watching the rainfall was more entertaining.

No, I don't like wreaks, but I do enjoy seeing the cars pass each other now and than. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  3. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    My family have a joke about me and my "NASCAR naps." Sit down to watch a race and fall asleep . . .[​IMG]

But I'm with you - I don't like wrecks, either. I usually don't watch the short track races, simply because the drivers are banging into each other so much. A race with 20 cautions isn't any fun for me. Now, the last 5 minutes can be exciting![​IMG]

4. theotherranch

theotherranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2011
    I did like Juan Pablo's comment after ward. "I've hit lots of things,but never a jet dryer."
    Kind of sums up his driving career!

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Wait nascar only allows for 190 now? might as well use my car in the race.

6. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    They said that the chances of hitting one of the jet dryers was "Juan in a million".

Ever since the introduction of restrictor plates, both Daytona and Talledega have become pack racing tracks. For the last year or so the drivers did get 2 car drafting to work but that ended up making for some very boring racing indeed. In these races drivers are more that content to sit in line for most of the race and not risk getting caught up in an accident. The only way that Nascar can change the behavior is to award a portion of the points based on average position. They need to make it to the drivers advantage to be ahead of the guy in front of you.

I do like the wrecks. It's like hockey. Hockey without the checking, hits, and fighting is boring as can be. I live right near the Bristol motor speedway which was repaved a few years back. It used to be a one groove track and there certainly was a lot of banging of fenders. Since they repaved it and made it a 3 groove track the races have become terribly boring. If you've never been to a race you have no idea of how aggressive and competitive these guys are out there on the track.

IMHO this years Daytona was one of the greatest. It was moved to prime time. The new track surface does easily allow for 3 wide racing. And most of all.... MATTIE WON!!!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Did they changed that speed requirement after we lost Petty?

Losing Petty was the saddest day for all of us....one of the greatest drivers since Andretti, Foyt (sp), and all the great drivers in the 70's and 80's are the ones I know well.

8. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    "Juan in a million" Love it![​IMG]

9. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    If you listen to the races, the throttle positions don't change. Full throttle all the way around, every lap.

[yawn]

10. ChickwitHumor3

ChickwitHumor3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    The Empire State
    My Coop
    o_O i dont really know that much about racing--except i love jimmy johnson-he's hot!:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by