1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boogie all grown up, almost

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by verthandi, Jun 27, 2007.

1. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    6 week old WC Blue Polish....Boogie, lone chick from last months hatch.

[​IMG]
    This shot(above) is for people that have asked me how I knew he was a roo, besides the even length of wing feathers at a day old, you can now see the redness starting at the top of his beak. All my male chicks develop this at about 4 weeks or so.
    [​IMG]

Day old Boogie...called Solo then.
    [​IMG]

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwwww.....Boogie is so cute!!!!

3. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    That is so weird that you named your little solo polish 'Boogie'....I did the same with my little solo polish! My little Boogie is a White Crested Black, and was the only one (and the first of the batch of mixed breeds) to hatch!!

[​IMG]

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are both adorable Boogies!

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Wow AccidentalFarm, he's cute. Did he have those dark colored legs and beak when he hatched? Mine are light to start with and darken as they age.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  6. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Vert-

They sure did. I don't have a good pic to show the legs, but you can see the beak is dark in the pic below. I also have 2 WCB Polish from Ideal that had dark legs and beak as soon as they arrived @ 3 days old. Boogie (nor his parents) are from Ideal. I believe his parents came from a lady in Michigan.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by