1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boohoohoo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by horsewishr, Jan 17, 2008.

1. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    I was going to order three chicks this spring from Meyer Hatchery: a Welsummer, an EE, and a Speckled Sussex. (I wanted eggs of all different colors, and I have four brown egg layers already.)

Well. . . I just called Meyer, and they're not carrying SS this year. I'm so bummed out. I've been planning this for months. Does anybody else know of a midwest hatchery that carries these breeds (and will ship just 3)? MyPetChicken doesn't have SS either.

2. SHELLY

SHELLY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    Southwest Missouri
    Oh wait, I'm sorry. I think you have to get a minimum of 25. Maybe you can find somebody to split an order w/ you.

3. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    I wish I could find someone to split an order from McMurray, too.

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I have received two orders from Ideal and have an order pending. They require $20 rather than 25 birds. But you may get extra roos for heat.

http://www.idealpoultry.com/

5. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    hmm. If I got extra roos in a meat variety, I wonder if I could give them away??? They'd have to be an easily identifiable breed. Any suggestions??

edited to add: Ideal is all the way in Texas. Isn't that too far for little chicks (I'm in Michigan).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by