Book Club: 2016 Reading Challenge!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rosto, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Rosto

Rosto Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    There was so much interest in my Reading Challenge that I put it in its own thread. I'm a librarian and have accepted the challenge to read 75 books! this year. Please join me. You can even listen to them on audio---yes, it's reading too! After all some people find the written word a challenge, and others learn differently! If you need title suggestions we are here to help; just ask! Let's see if we can make literacy and a love of books come alive this new year!
    [​IMG]

2. Rosto

Dec 15, 2010
    BTW if you want a printable (MS Word) version email me at [email protected] title it Reading Challenge. Thanks!

3. Rosto

Dec 15, 2010
    #39 Creature Feature--- My book club is reading this and it is AWESOME! I couldn't put it down!
    [​IMG]

4. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Great idea and good luck with your challenge! Just make sure not to exhaust your eyes! Have lots of vitamin A, carrots are a great source! I would love to start reading soon as well!

5. Rosto

Dec 15, 2010
    Join me. You could even do half---like a half marathon if 75 seems like too many! I'm a librarian so can help with suggestions. I got stuck on a couple and other BYC members helped me out. Together we can do anything!

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'll join you @Rosto ! I've always been a reader but I tend to read a lot of the same books (I have a lot of favorites). This will push me to try some new authors.

I'll post here on how it's going.

Thanks!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yesterday I sent you an email (and a Private Message) about getting the list...did you get it?

8. Rosto

Dec 15, 2010
    The list is on my work computer. I'll send you a copy on Tuesday morning when I'm back at my desk. So glad you are joining me!

9. Rosto

Dec 15, 2010
    Just completed #61
    Read Playing for Pizza by John Grisham (football)

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I made it to the library today! I read 1 short book while I was there and brought home 3 others for the challenge.

The short book I read was "You're Only Old Once" by Dr. Seuss. I read a lot of his stories to my boys while they were growing up but I hadn't seen this one before. It was fun and the artwork was wild as only one of his books can be.

It wasn't really a children's book (which would have covered #38) so I'm using it as book #19 (a book you can finish in a day).

Anyone else marked some books off their challenge list?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by