Book - Enslaved by Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Jul 23, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Anyone read this book? Authors last name is Tarte. Ducks, parrots, doves, rabbitts....I thought we had a zoo! [​IMG]

2. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I checked it out but I was so busy I didn't have a chance to read it [​IMG] I really want to read it though [​IMG]

3. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I just started it.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I read it and loved it, I guess cause I could relate. I highly reccomend it.

5. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I read it last year and I loved it! Highly recommend!

6. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    It was a very funny book. Didn't like a few things in it, but overall, it was okay.

7. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Love it! He also wrote Fowl Weather. Here's a link to the petliferadio.com website where you can listen to podcasts on his show "what were you thinking?" http://petliferadio.com/thinking.html
    I
    prefer to listen to them via iTunes on my iPod this way I can pause, stop or ff/rewind the show whereas directly from the website you can only listen...

The funniest one was episode 51 (Shore No Shore Birds) when Bob and his friend "Book Character Bill Holme". It really gets funny after a few minutes once they're at the wildlife refuge (Muskeagon Waste Water). These two guys are a couple of characters and play off each other perfectly. I was listening to this one in my car a few weeks ago and got to laughing so hard I had to sit in my car for a few minutes wiping my eyes and nose before going into the store [​IMG]

I would recommend both his books and BTW he's writing another one now called "The funnel of happiness" (maybe Fun L of happiness?).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  8. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:Ok, I just listened to episode 51 again and it wasn't the one I was thinking of so I must have been thinking of another episode. If I can find it, I'll post the episode number here but many of the podcasts are worth listening to [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  9. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    I read it! It was cute.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by