Books on raising coturnix quail for eggs and meat?

Ariana

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
Grant, Florida
I'm considering hatching out some quail eggs and trying to raise them for meat and eggs. Are there any books out there that cover feeding, housing and other important information like illnesses, behaviors, things to look out for? Are there any good websites dedicated to such things? I need a reputable source as I've been finding a lot of conflicting information.

I'm considering hatching out some quail eggs and trying to raise them for meat and eggs. Are there any books out there that cover feeding, housing and other important information like illnesses, behaviors, things to look out for? Are there any good websites dedicated to such things? I need a reputable source as I've been finding a lot of conflicting information.
As far as books go there is nothing that puts all the information in one place. There is a member here who wrote a book I've been told is one of the best out there about jap quail called The Coturnix Revolution by Alexandra Douglas but its pretty pricey at $75 plus shipping. As far as websites go you found the one with the most information but as always there are varying opinions so you will have to sift through the forum sometimes. If you click on advanced search at the top, type your question, then scroll down and where it says additional options select Quail from the other back yard poultry section it will refine your searches to only the quail portion of the forum. Pretty much any question you can think of has been asked and answered on here. If you want to see what the processing and slaughtering is like I have videos on my profile if you click on my name.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom