BOom! What was that? Dang the flood that delayed the mail:(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmgirlie1031, Jun 18, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I just got eggs in the mail 2 days ago. I candled them but they were darker so I couldn't see through them. Today I heard Boom like a firecracker look in the bator and one of those eggs had exploded:( Now I have to clean up the mess and hope the rest are ok.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    That sucks!

I have yet to have that happen.

3. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Please please tell us those eggs didn't come from someone on the BYC forum !!!!

Susan

4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Were those the ones that were delayed? I hope you got your other shipment that you were waiting for...

5. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:Yes, they were. I think the heat during shipping must have damaged them:( They did come from a BYC person but I really don't feel it is her fault.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Stupid flood...[​IMG]

7. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:Stupid stupid flood. You damaged buildings and homes and eggs. And you killed some people too:(

8. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Got the mess cleaned up and most of the other eggs look ok to me. I did find one bad one and got rid of it before it explodes also.[​IMG] I really wanted those chicks so I hope I can at least get a couple to hatch. I know being in the mail so long didn't help them.

9. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    How long were they in the mail? Mine were in the mail for 8 days, LOL, hope they arent gonna blow!!

10. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:5 days. I had some others in the mail that long and they were fine but it was cooler weather then. I think these got cooked in the mail as I found one that was stinky and not yet broken so I took it outside and broke it to see and it looked like a nasty hard boiled egg:( Yuck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by